WHAT IS IT?
The Model 27 is designed to provide indication of presence or absence of dry bulk material on a conveyor belt. Each unit is equipped with one or two output micro-switches, which can provide a positive shutoff. The output contacts of the Model 27 can control up to two separate circuits – one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY?
The Model 27 is versatile enough to be used in a variety of applications; it can provide proof that material is actually flowing from a chute onto a conveyor belt, or it can be used to actuate a misting system to reduce dust only when material is present.
- The housing is cast aluminum, with optional epoxy or polyester coatings available. These coatings will provide protection against corrosion that is equal or greater than cast iron.
- The unit can detect the presence or absence of dry bulk material on a conveyor belt.
- The unit is mounted on the conveyor by drilling (3) 13/32" diameter holes.
- General purpose (weather-proof) units have (1) 3/4" NPT conduit opening.
- The standard units have dry, unpowered SP/DT micro-switch(es) rated for 20A @ 120 VAC, 240 VAC, and 480 VAC.
- The DP/DT microswitch versions are rated for 15A @ 120 VAC, 240VAC; 3/4 HP at 125 VAC, 1-1/2 HP at 250 VAC.
- The paddle, counterweight, and cross shaft are all field-adjustable for a variety of effects.
- The operating temperature range is -40ºF (-40ºC) to 150ºF (65ºC).
- The general-purpose units are rated NEMA Type 4/4X weather-proof and corrosion-resistant. Explosion-proof units are rated NEMA Type 7/9 for dust ignition-proof and vapor explosion-proof. The dual-rated "D" units are rated NEMA Type 4 weather-proof and NEMA Type 9 dust ignition-proof.
- The general-purpose controls are IP65 compliant.
- Most models are cULus Certified
*Prices subject to change without notice.
|Model||Description||Shipping Weight (lbs.)||Price|
|27-1||General Purpose, 1 SP/DT microswitch||16||$387.00|
|27-2||General Purpose, 2 SP/DT microswitches||16||$432.00|
|27-1X||Explosion proof, 1 SP/DT microswitch||16||$566.00|
|27-2X||Explosion proof, 2 SP/DT microswitches||16||$616.00|
Epoxy coating, add $12.00, add "E" to end of model number.